Thursday, July 14, 2011

Boo Summer School...

So it's that time of year again I am back in summer school the usual snooze fest. Good news this is my final course horray I thought I would never see the day. I am currently dragging my way through the 2nd last day of my Concept in Math Development course. It really hasn't been that bad although I could think of loads of other things I would rather be doing. I am also looking for my 4th year placement which I am really hoping I will be able to get into a Children's Aid Association, it's gonna be tough but I have spoken to everyone I know to pull strings so hopefully I can make it happen. 


So little update. I am moving back to Oakville.... (long pause) I am not too sure how I feel about this just yet. I am extremely happy that I will be able to get to and from work in less than 10 mins amazing. I will be able to see my Nan lots and I will be living with my brother. I think I maybe be excited but will still miss the city I may be bored but at least it will be the winter months so I won't be missing out on too much. I just figure I will have to make the most of my last summer in the city, until things change again. I will probably come back once I get my life sorted out. 


Next update finally changed jobs at work. I thought I was destined to drive myself insane working at Washington forever but I finally left Horray!!!! My new job is great! I work 11-7 somewhat normal hours I have some time to myself in the evening to have friends now that school is finally over I am learning how to use my unstructured time as my cousin would say. 


I am still working 7days a week, I took a part time job two days a week at the Ontario Collalition for Better Child Care. Amazing opportunity and I am learning lots but I also feel like it is way over my head. policy and procedures, politics and advocacy sometimes it's pretty intense. To be honest I am happy to be in summer school this week because I'm sure shit is hitting the fan over there after the city released it's consultation report which put child care in the zone to save money in the cities budget. I'll be back next week to fill you in. 


Last night I got a great bargain on a bed I bought a queen size box spring off of craigslist for $40.00!!! What a deal! bad part having to carry it two blocks home (Thanks Elle) :) Note Elle and I have been selling our lives on Craigslist and are getting rich doing it what I great idea.


Also very excited that Tory, Marc and Cassie will be here on Tuesday!!! For an entire month I am so excited to see her we will have to plan some good stuff. I am also going camping with some girlfriends the last week of July which should be a blast! Bought some cute t-shirts and gonna get my pasty bum a tan. It's always a great time to see my friends from college I wish we lived closer and life didn't always get in the way. 




Well that is all for now supposed to be a beautiful weekend I have half made plans to get to a beach, go out for a high school friends bachlorette and maybe do some vintage shopping and patio drinking with a good friend I haven't seen in ages. Oh I also wanna get out and take some pictures a friend and I are looking for a cheap 101 course so if you see anything let me know. Oh and go bike riding bixi time!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment