Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Craft Challenge

Every year at work our manager gives us something quite usless from the dollar store and challenges us to create some thing... It can really be anything and you can use the object in any way you see fit. The best part of the whole Christmas Craft Challange is how competitive people in the department are. I feel like people wiat all year for this event and the smack talk that goes on is ridiculous. Well anyways this year the boss gave us this.....


Yes, it is a useless serving plate.... So I put on my thinking cap, this is the first year I have compete as I usually lack creativity adn am very busy at this time of year but in a last valient attempt to procrastinate from studying for exams and writting papers I decided to enter. (also my mom won last year and I wanted to keep it in the family) I finally came up with an idea to create a wreath, so I contracted the work out to one of my friends in the dept and got him to cut a whole in the middle. (No idea how he did it, but it was perfect) I also knew that this could not be an ordinary wreath so I created one of those "chic" new age untraditional christmas wreaths....


What do you think? Pretty fancy eh.... I thought this one was in the bag, but hten my boss threw a curve ball and decided to let the people we support vote. I guess it wasn't really there cup of tea, next year I want to know the target audience.... I still tied for 4th place but this is my friends craft and she placed before me, I think there is something wrong with the system. Next year I am thinking of including fiber optic lights, movement and food. I'll win there little christams hearts yet...



Rotten nose and missing body was key... MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment